What will we do at my initial appointment?
During our first visit, we will spend 60 minutes together (some people may require more time which is pro-rated- see Financial Policy ) discussing your present level of health, your medical history and your personal health goals. Nutritional testing may be ordered at that time. By the end of our appointment, you will have a preliminary program to follow for 4-5 weeks, until we meet again. During follow-up sessions, your program will be further developed and refined in accordance with test results and your progress. The number of sessions you will need to attain your goals depends upon the severity and length of your illness, your willingness to follow your program and your response to it.
How do I make an appointment?
To become a patient, you will need to send the forms (see links below) before you schedule your first appointment. Once your forms are received, our office will call you to offer appointment times.
Required – before appointment:
- Patient History Form
- Medical Symptoms Questionnaire
- 7-day Diet Diary (you can complete what you remember over the last few days, and bring a completed food diary to your appointment).
- Financial Policy
- A list of all current supplements, including brand and dosage. Or, bring the actual supplements to your appointment.
Optional but highly recommended– before appointment:
- Copies of any lab tests done in the past 6 months
- A list of your health goals
- A short medical history in your own words
You may scan and email the forms to email@example.com, fax to 301-270-8035, or mail to: Victoria Wood, 7105 Sycamore Ave, Takoma Park, MD 20912.
We cannot accept photos of the forms. If you need to use your phone, there are several free “scanning” apps you can use, like genius scan, camscanner, or office lens.
PLEASE NOTE: You must send any additional information (bloodwork, other testing, notes, etc.) that you would like Victoria to discuss at your appointment at least 1 week before the appointment. Otherwise, you can review at your next appointment.
- Medical/Nutritional history
- Nutritional physical exam
- Discussion of goals
- Dietary assessment
- Body composition analysis
- Individualized program, including diet & nutritional supplements
- Lab test orders as indicated
- Assessment of progress/goals
- Analysis of test results
- Program modifications as indicated