Personalized Therapeutic Nutrition for Cancer Prevention, Management, and Recovery.
Only 30% of cancers are genetically determined- 70% are controlled by diet and lifestyle, so that puts you in the driver’s seat. Let me empower you with effective, evidence-based strategies, inspire you to make changes that will nourish you and guide you as you continue your journey to healing.
How a therapeutic nutrition program can help you recover your health:
With a Therapeutic Nutrition Program you will:
- Optimize your cancer treatment with cancer fighting foods, nutrients and botanicals to reduce side effects while enhancing the efficacy of your cancer therapies.
- Use a scientifically-based protocol to create an anti-cancer eco-system inside your body.
- Learn how lifestyle changes, nourishing foods, and dietary supplements can:
- Change the messages sent to your genes with specific foods known to reduce the expression of cancer genes while increasing tumor suppressor gene expression.
- Enhance your immune system’s capabilities
- Reduce inflammation, a primary factor contributing to tumor growth and invasiveness
- Reduce risks of angiogenesis/metastasis, the growth of new blood vessels feeding a tumor
- Focus on insulin resistance, often an underlying factor shown in the scientific literature to contribute significantly to treatment outcome, prognosis and survival
- Use key nutrients cancer cells use to mature into healthy cells (called differentiation) or to naturally commit “cell suicide” (called apoptosis)
- Improve hormone metabolism with appropriate diet and lifestyle strategies (Some cancers use hormones to promote duplication and spread of cancer cells)
- Use patient-specific laboratory testing to:
- Evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of your diet
- Tailor your program according to your body’s own unique biochemistry
- Choose dietary supplements from pharmaceutical-quality companies that provide safe, effective nutrients/botanicals without the toxicities often found in better-known brands
- Monitor your nutritional progress with follow-up testing
- Help you prioritize your nutritional goals so you know what to do in which order
Each person I see receives an individualized nutritional assessment which includes:
- Blood testing for specific nutrients, biomarkers, and genomic testing when appropriate
- Dietary evaluation
- Body Composition Analysis
- Dietary/Lifestyle Evaluation
Links to Cancer Testing Labs:
- Antioxidants Against Cancer by Ralph Moss
- Outliving Cancer by Robert Nagourney
- Life Over Cancer by Dr. Keith Block
- After Cancer Care by G. Lemole, MD, P. Mehta, MD, and D. McKee, MD